Israeli Defense Minister: Army Will “Move Very Soon” Along Lebanon Border

Israeli Defense Minister Yoav Galant announced on Monday that his army would “move very soon” into northern Israel along Lebanon's border, where it exchanges daily bombardments with Hezbollah.

The minister told soldiers stationed near the Gaza border that other forces currently stationed in the Palestinian territories will leave the area to be deployed in northern Israel.

“They will move very soon… so the forces will be reinforced in the north,” Gallant said.

He continued, “Forces near you… will leave the field and head north in preparation for what will happen next.

He indicated that the reservists would leave their posts in preparation for these future operations.

Since the start of the war between Hamas and Israel in the Gaza Strip in October, there has been almost daily shelling between Israeli forces and Hezbollah along the border between southern Lebanon and northern Israel. ” Palestine Movement.

On Monday, Hezbollah claimed responsibility for 12 attacks on Israeli military positions near the border using Iranian-made Falak 1 missiles.

On Monday evening, the Israeli military announced that it had carried out strikes against Hezbollah, including “facilities and an observation point in the Lebanese villages of Markaba, al-Taybeh and Maroun al-Ras.”

The military confirmed that several missiles had been fired from Lebanon, noting that it had “retaliated by targeting launch sites and other bases in Lebanon”.

Earlier this month, Israeli Defense Forces chief of staff General Herzey Halevi said the possibility of war in the country's north “in the coming months” is “higher than in the past.”

See also  Cristiano Ronaldo World's Top Goal Scorer in 2023.. Info Map

Since the expansion began, more than two hundred people have been killed in Lebanon, according to a count compiled by Agence France-Presse. On the Israeli border, 15 people were killed, nine soldiers and six civilians, according to the Israeli military.

On Monday, Gallant confirmed that Hamas fighters were running out of supplies and ammunition and that the battle would continue for months.

War erupted between Israel and Hamas on October 7 as a result of an unprecedented attack on Israel from the Gaza Strip by the Palestinian movement – which is on the US terror list – resulting in the deaths of 1,140 people. Among them were civilians, most of whom died on the first day, Israeli officials said.

Israel responded to the worst attack in its history with an air and ground campaign against Gaza, and vowed to eliminate Hamas. Its campaign resulted in 26,637 deaths, the majority of whom were women and children, according to the Ministry of Health in the Gaza Strip.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *